Thursday, July 6, 2006

There's No Place Like Blog

That’s the funny thing about writing…It’s not like riding a bike at all. I have been neglecting my dearest blog over the last month and I apologize about that, I do. I sincerely do. It has probably done myself more harm by not getting my thoughts and feelings out on a regular basis. (Maybe that’s why I feel a little heavier, I’m all stopped up with thoughts and feelings…Yeah, that’s it)

To me not writing on a daily basis is a bad thing, not only does the material pile up and never gets its chance in the lime light, I become more hesitant to write again. I know it’s stupid but it’s a fact, Jack. The only thing I can compare it to is when you have a crazy weekend and seem to be pulling cash or your debit card out every 15 minutes for another sizable purchase. (You know you’ve all had weekends like that…)

So when that ‘oh, I don’t really want to go to work tomorrow’ feeling comes around Sunday evening, you know you should go online, and asses the damage you’ve done. Not only is it the adult thing to do, it’s the fiscally responsible thing to do. But what do you do, you wait, you wait. “I’ll check it in the morning, I’ll check it tomorrow, I might as well check it on Friday when I get paid, it won’t look as bad then.”

The screen starts to come full, from the top down, you’re peeping through your hand as it looks like you’re doing a Horizontal Star Trek Salute…You know you’ve done it!

My point is that once you see the results, it’s usually not that bad. (Unless you just got back from Vegas and were on a 48 hour bender, then it could the results could be catastrophic.

I feels good to be back, it feels good to write, and it feels even better knowing that I have people to write for…thanks for always checking for new stuff!

I will certainly have plenty of material come the next 6 weeks or so, so please keep coming back for more!

Thanks for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment