Saturday, March 11, 2006

TGIS!

I have no idea how a four day long week last so much longer but it sure as hell did.  I was in Chicago for a wedding/bender so didn’t fly back into the city until Monday afternoon.  I’m thinking “perfect, starting the weekend on a Tuesday is always the precursor to a quick week.” Man was I wrong!

I spent most of yesterday in New Jersey at client meetings.  As I have mentioned before, I walk to work so using the fine mass transportation of New York City is not something I have the privilege of doing on a regular basis.  I actually walked to work early, and I mean early in the morning.  But after a few hours at my desk, it was time to take off for Penn Station.  The cab was smelly, but surprisingly quick at getting me from one side of the city to the other.  

I was meeting a coworker there so we could share the fine experience of riding off into Jersey to spend our entire day in meetings.  I have failed to mention at this point that it’s the nicest day, weather wise in 3 months.  Temperatures were almost in the 70s in some parts of the city.  It’s been so damn cold for so damn long you forget the city can even endure such pleasant weather.

After waiting for my coworker, who was as usual running late, I noticed the million people going in what seemed to be a million directions.  People who look like their going to work, coming from work, going on job interviews, never had a job interview, just about every walk of life imaginable.  We missed the original train we were planning on taking, but only had to wait another 25 minutes for the next one.  We found our train, and we along with a million other people were on our way…

Well the sun was beaming into my bedroom early this morning, a sight I haven’t seen in longer than I would rather admit.  I stuck head outside and it appears to be a beautiful day in the city.  Between the two windows, written in blue ink is, DO SOMETHING BIG TODAY.  I’m not sure what that’s going to be, how it’s going to come about, but I’m going to try.  

Thanks for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment