Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Poor Barbaro!

There are many parts that make up our lives that I consider separate participants in a race, all fighting for position, fighting for the right to be the strongest, the omnipresent, and the all empowering. For most I think family is the leader in this figurative journey. I mean, sure there may be times in our lives when the leader is overtaken by another competitor, maybe it’s work or financial stress, but we hope that the crowd favorite regains its lead sooner rather than later…

I only bring such a topic up because I just feel like I’m stuck! I can’t get my mind focused on who or what wants to be the leader. Don’t get me wrong my family is my number one, but in my smaller more selfish and self absorbed world (hey, I call it like I see it, I’m 24 I’m aloud to be selfish) nothing seems to want to take the initiative to cross the tape first. Nothing in my life is going terrible by any means, but I just can’t find that one part, that one element that gets me to jump out of bed in the morning.

Now a cynic would say “that’s getting older or growing up.” Fuck That! I don’t think like that and I’m sure as hell going to live my life like that…I know there are people out there that have their first and second place racers giving it their all. They know what they want, they know where they’re going and they know what they have in order to get there.

I’m not a middle of the pack kind of guy, I know I’m not, so it’s only a matter of time before I find something that makes me regain the lead…I don’t think my trip to Europe could be coming at a better time in the year and my life…

Thanks for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment