Monday, March 8, 2010

I Want to be Great

I do. I'm sorry, but I'd be lying if didn't say it so...

Is it wrong? Is it uncommon? Hell, is it down right unhealthy? No, Yes, No...(Your answers may vary) That's just the way I feel, work, operate, think, move, react, but never in with a closeness to greatness, always a pursuit.

I may be a bit emotional, and by that I mean buzzed, but I just finished watching 44 minutes of good old, and I mean old, Barbara Walters, in her annual Oscar night special. But as someone still very new to "the business" I find it extrodinary helpful to hear those speak upon issues of their past, how they beat the odds, how they fought through every hardship to truly rise to the top of their field.

Some may say, trying to "make it big" is crazy and phase one should grow out of - like being an F.B.I. Agent or a marine biologist. To some extent, I wholeheartedly agree. After all, "making it big" has zero to do with being great or being successful. I just want to be clear, I do not want TMZ fame or accolades, I just want to be great at what I do, whatever that comes to be. I want to work hard, meet good people, make the right choices, and never be afraid, of anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment