Thursday, February 2, 2006

Hello, My Name Is...

What a night! Why is it the nights you think will be your average, chill, run-of-the-mill, grab a couple of drinks become such ragers? The night started off calm and cool Veered off that road quickly.

It started at Third and Long, a great neighborhood bar that I watch football at every Sunday. It is like scene out of "Cheers," Where everyone knows your name... The bartender is great and is as we all him the The Unofficial Mayor of Murray Hill. In fact it's because of that same mayor that I started this day-in-the-life-of blog. He too writes a blog that covers the daily happenings and mishappenings of running a bar. In the blog he's given all of the regulars pseudo names to keep it anonymous. The names range from Angry Black to Silent Bob. Yesterday was actually the one year birthday of his blog so he had a little "gathering" of sorts. He had name tags for everyone to wear so you could finally put a face to the name you've read so much about. Hearing the introductions was classic: Hi, Dirty Sanchez, I'm Mr. Plumber...

Needless to say as the night went on, so did the drinks and the shots. Yep, that's right, nothing like taking shots on a Wednesday night. I'm starting to think that it was those very shots that are responsible for the anvil that seems to be lodged into the back of my head?

It is for that reason this will be a short entry. For the regulars readers (that's you dad) I apologize. I will be back soon!

Thanks for listening

1 comment: